Thursday, September 25, 2008

Taking 1 pitch at a time.


It is kinda funny how life throws a curve ball every now and then. I have been recovering from a nagging IT band problem for the last 3-4 months. I have started to run track again with Orange County Track Club (OCTC) and started to feel better after a few good training runs. My best track running drill had to be “indian ladder drills” I think we had about 4-5 people in our group and we all knew each other. So pushing each other was easier and fun. We had to do 5 or 6 sets of 800, and on our last set, the coach challenged us to push it hard, and we all did, it was a real rewarding experience to share with fellow runners. I really enjoy while running if you tap into nice rhythm, and everything seems to flow. Meaning breathing is easy, nothing hurts, leg turn-over is fast and heart rate is right at zone and the weather is perfect. I have been really fortunate to find others that are around my same speed, work schedule, etc where we can always run together. Finding and encouraging others can sometimes be a bit difficult task to achieve even if everyone one has a different goal. A unique opportunity presented itself which involves coaching at A Snails Pace. Nattie informed me that she will not be able to continue to coaching running 101, and connected with Michelle the running director for the program. I just started my session in Oct which is Tues/Wed at 6pm, and Saturday at 7am in Huntington Beach. I have a big group of runners and seem eager to learn and run their first 5K.

1 comment:

~nattie~ said...

I am so glad you are enjoying your coaching experience. I haven't kept my end of the deal as I did not show up as often as I had planned. Hope to change that soon. I really miss the positive energy of the group. It is funny how while helping others we end up getting so much from it as well.
See ya soon!