Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Race on the Base Prep- 5k,10K,TRI all in one day...



In just a few short days I am looking forward to comeback into the TRI world. I am not sure if it will be a permanent comeback or just something temporary. After some time off from TRI's (3years) and connecting with the Trail running community. I have found new things about myself and fostering new relationships with other runners.

For example- I love track workouts, i love doing hills, I used to hate running because I felt I was always slow. And in some ways I still feel like I am slow... but I feel the trail running community is very close and the sense of community is really felt. I feel the sport of triathlon has also prepared me to better balance my training by incorporating cross training, cycling and swimming. Both serve a tremendous catalyst to proper recovery and staying injury free.

So my goal this weekend is to have a positive experience and lead by example to my snails pace students that anything is possible if you put your mind to it. I will pace my 5K beginning running group on their first 5k, then run the 10K, and then race the reverse tri- (well at least i will have a nice pool cool down after a long day)

No comments: