Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Surf City Marathon


Chance of showers in Southern California?
Well I can't complain I normally thrive in raining weather, but when you add 15-20mph winds the fun rapidly goes away.

This was to be my big party weekend, with back-to-back races. A 50K ultra Twin Peaks (Currently Postponed) followed by a Road Marathon the next day. So instead of running 31miles the day prior I opted to run only 12miles out in the Saddleback mountains. I went into this road marathon with alot of hesitation because it was not my main focus. I was privilege enough to have a running partner (pacer) to keep me company for most of the race. I honestly just wanted to finish without getting injured. I am convinced that my body type is just not made for running on the streets. I feel I can handle 13miles or less without any significant damage. But running a fully road marathon? Those days are over unless I am doing a Ironman. My Body does not ache after a long trail run, for that reason I will continue to explore and run long on the trails. Finish time 4:58 :)


No comments: