Wednesday, April 16, 2008

3 Days and Counting...

Today was the first day back from this awful head cold, last night I was able to sneak out to the track for a modified version workout with the OC track club. I was able to soak in some good race stories from a fellow runner named Robert J. Baird. He had a wealth of information on Leona and other Ultra Races in California. Robert was able to ease alot of nerves concerning this daunting task. I am looking forward running some portion of the race with him on Saturday.

Today I was able to make it to a 6am spin class, my first in months, I was surprised the instructor still noticed me. It was a good class and I was able to maintain my old cadence of 95 :) After spin, I completed a 45min of resistant training...I was pretty much pooped by 8:30am.

Tmr is the real test, I plan on running a very easy 6-7mile trail in El Moro, just to make sure the legs still work.

4 comments:

Jessica DeLine said...

Good luck at the race!

Greg said...

Pete, just go out nice and comfy, don't push anything, soak in the atmosphere, and save some legs for the last 10 miles of the run. You will do great.

Unknown said...

Thanks Guys- I think this will be last night of good sleep prior to the race :|

SoberMommie said...

Pete - I'm so excited for you! You are a great runner and I am confident you will have a great race! You are ready. Go out there and have fun! I can't wait to hear all of the details!!!